Today we are surrounded with cutting edge technology due to the emerging daily needs. Home Entertainment is a part of such heirarchy of needs, and when home entertainment is discussed then Television sets are taken into account as a main ingridient. Television through the ages has evovled with technology, features, and designs to perfect our entertainment experience. LED TV (Light Emitting Diode Television) is today's evolution of television, they are stuffed with features, slimmer, emit brighter color, provides HD and 3D experience. Thus hype in the demand of LED TV is expected. Below you can read the 5 points to remember while purchasing LED Televisions.
1. Types of LED TV: Not all the LED display television are manufactured equally, they do have difference in LED backlighting. There are different LED backlights like Full-array and Edge -lit with and without Local Dimming. TV with Full-array with local dimming LED backlight configuration is best to choose. In this case the entire LED back panel is covered with LED lights and this gives better results than the edge lighting. This configuration also includes local dimming feature which enables the LED Backlights to work individually hence enabling to turn off the lights at high contrast areas and to brighten the lights at bright portion of the picture. At the end it renders the picture with bright colors and better blackness without contrast patches that of LCD Display TVs.
2. Power saver : LED TV uses LED backlighting which consumes less electricity compared to LCD TV with fluorescent lamps, not only that, less consumption of electricity reduces the heat levels which is directly proportional to CO2 emitting making LED Televisions eco-friendly.
3. Larger screen, Slimmer size: LED TV's have more screen size options than any others televisions. Currently Huge LED TV's are available with a large screen size of 85 inches and that's not it, more yet to come out. This TV's are also famous for their thin edge, LED TV acquires less panels and thus fits into slimmest TV case of just 1.2 inches thus providing elegant design for your television.
4. HDTV and 3DTV experience: As stated above, LED TV are available with huge screen size but having large screen size doesn't mean that it will be able to display good picture quality as well. To solve such deviation HDTV feature are installed in such large screen TV's which helps in displaying high resolution picture and preventing the picture to get pixilated. Some LED TV's are also installed with a feature that has changed the dimension of entertainment known as 3D. LED TV with 120 to 240 Hz are capable of emitting stereoscopic images which creates depth in pictures resulting in emitting 3 dimensional images, but in order to experience stereoscopic images one must wear 3D glasses.
5. LED TV equals to high price: There are some exception as well, here it's the price. Normally at entry level LED TV's have almost same property to that of other television but advance feature like auto contrast, color balance, HDTV, 3DTV, 2D to 3D conversion and many other are a reason for the variation in prices which is comparatively little expensive.
LED TV is a boon for home entertainment and it has a very promising future ahead.